Sometimes we all need a helping hand, may be it is a new technique or your memory needs a little refreshing. You can find some of my favourite video tutorials here at the hub. Click on the text for your chosen technique and enjoy….
- (ssk) slip 1, slip 1, knit these 2 slipped sts together
- (k2tog)knit next two stitches together to decrease one stitch
- (p2tog) purl next two stitches together to decrease one stitch
- (yo) yarn over
- 2/2 RC (C4B) / slip next two sts onto cable needle, hold to back of work. Knit next two sts, knit two sts from cable needle
- 2/2 LC (C4F) / slip next two sts onto cable needle, hold to front of work. Knit next two sts, knit two sts from cable needle
Most of the video tutorials are by the wonderful Staci at Very Pink Knits. You can find a massive collection of quality tutorials on her YouTube channel. Why not check out the sock knitting tutorials, learn how to magic loop?
Substituting yarns, sometimes we like to substitute the yarn used for a particular pattern. For best results I recommend choosing a yarn with a similar composition, a good firm twist in the yarn and some added strength are all ideal for adding beads to your socks. Nylon and silk are perfect for adding strength to yarn.
Why not try Sweet Georgia Yarns, Tough Love Sock, Dream in Colour or Madelinetosh
Unfortunately errors occur, I am very sorry if any of the errors below cause you any inconvenience.
Lazy Sunday Socks
12th May 2016: No Mind To Worry – page 30, chart should appear as highlighted in row 15 (the stitch outlined in red should be a knit stitch, not an ssk)
(click the image to download a large version you can print)